Jissoji is an ancient temple built in 1387 during the Nanbokucho period by the first disciple of the Mubun Zen master, Etsuo Zen Master, who opened the temple. The dry garden is a scenic spot designated by Shizuoka Prefecture. Jitsusoji Garden was discovered and rebuilt in 1994 by the Nakane Garden Research & Landscape, a gardening company in Iwata City. It is estimated that the garden was built around 1700 when the adjacent main hall and Kannon hall were maintained. Not only is it beautiful as a stone set and a dry garden, but the combination of these three artificial hills and the scenery of Mt. Mitake is very special.